Future Focus for Dental Leadership
Future Focus for Dental Leadership (FFDL) is a member-driven program that encourages dentists to protect the future of dentistry by building a super-fund with financial contributions over and above membership dues. With annual contributions from general dentists and specialists, ASDA could build a war chest that will give dentistry the resources we need to be proactive, and the financial strength to be reactive, if needed.
With full participation, the Future Focus program could build assets of more than $900,000 annually. The basis of this program is for us to assume a leadership role in the healing arts professions by encouraging our members to invest in the future of dentistry collectively and individually.
HOW DOES FUTURE FOCUS WORK?
Every year, ASDA members are asked to invest in the future of dentistry by making a contribution to Future Focus for Dental Leadership. The program is administered by ASDA, and contributions can be made at one time or in monthly installments, either with a check, credit card or bank draft. Contributions to Future Focus are entirely voluntary, and the amounts are based on whatever the member can give. ASDA suggests $1,000 for general dentists annually, and $2,000 for specialists annually, but all contributions are voluntary. Young dentists who have been in practice for five years or less might consider a $500 annual contribution.
SO, WHAT WILL THESE FUNDS BE USED FOR?
Whatever the need is at the moment:
- To enhance ARDPAC’s activities and increase our involvement in political campaigns.
- To enable the creation of access-related programs.
- To ensure that Arkansas maintains an adequate number of well-trained dentists.
- To react decisively and quickly to attacks from outside the dental community on issues that are not in the best interest of dentists or patients.
- To allow us to take responsibility for the future of dentistry–not the federal government, private health foundations, or “Think Tanks.”
Never is it acceptable for dentistry to find itself at the mercy of other groups. The need for us to take our future in our own hands has become more evident.
FUTURE FOCUS FOR DENTAL LEADERSHIP…
…Its time has come.