The American Dental Association (ADA) has revised “The ADA Complete HIPAA Compliance Kit (J598)” to help dentists comply with the changes prescribed by the 2013 Omnibus Final Rule. Most of the changes are effective March 26 and covered dental practices must be in compliance by Sept. 23. HIPAA compliance is one of the most important – and challenging – undertakings for a dental practice. The “ADA Complete HIPAA Compliance Kit” has tools to help dentists design and implement a comprehensive HIPAA compliance program. The kit includes:
- The ”ADA Practical Guide to HIPAA Compliance: Privacy and Security Manual”
- The “ADA Practical Guide to HIPAA Training”
- A three-year subscription to the HIPAA Compliance Update Service
The HIPAA Compliance Kit uses a step-by-step approach, and has the following tools to aid in comprehension and documentation:
- Sample policies and procedures
- A revised sample Business Associate Agreement
- A revised sample Notice of Privacy Practices
- A glossary of key terms
- A CD-ROM to help you tailor the content to your practice
The “ADA Practical Guide to HIPAA Training” is a two-level CD-ROM training program. Level 1 teaches the basics of HIPAA compliance to dental office staff and is worth one hour of continuing education credit. Level 2 is a more in-depth module designed for office managers who are developing their office’s HIPAA program in conjunction with the “ADA Practical Guide to HIPAA Compliance.” Level 2 is worth two hours of continuing education credit.
The kit is $300 for ADA members and $450 retail price. To purchase the kit, please visit adacatalog.org or call the ADA Member Service Center at 800.947.4746.